Feb 3, 2019
WealthAbility, best-selling author of Tax Free
Wealth shares some
little known strategies which can help you save your tax dollars
and shelter your investments in real estate syndication.
In this show you will learn how
passive losses can help you reduce your tax bill. Do you need to
hold a property for less than 3 years in order to pare down your
capital gains? What are the tax benefits of investing in an
“Opportunity Zone”? Some other topics discussed include
Reverse 1031 exchange, long term and short term capital gains taxes
and how to best leverage Solo 401 K’s. Tune in for some great
Our Gracious Sponsor:
Make sure to be at Joe
February 22-23, 2019. Use code: #WHITNEY for 10% OFF!!!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
– Whitney introduces Tom to listeners
– Tom shares his background information
– Tom shares how real estate investors can avail tax benefits of up
to 120% on their investments in oil and gas
– Learn how passive income and passive loss can help you reduce
– Understanding how cost segregation can help you save your tax
– Understanding the
distinction between "repairs" and "improvement" is important from
an accounting perspective
– Will you end up paying a higher capital gains tax if you hold a
property for less than 3 years?
– What is the difference in the taxation rate for long term and
short term capital gains?
– Can your passive loss offset your gains via passive income
– Will you end up paying less business income tax if you invest via
your Solo 401 K rather than your IRA?
– Why should you consider rolling your IRA into your Solo 401
– What is the optimum syndication structure that can help you save
– Tax benefits of investing in "Opportunity Zones"
– How to discover an "Opportunity Zone" near you
– Overview of the Reverse 1031 exchange
– Are there some professionals who are adept in conducting Reverse
– Are you better off paying your taxes rather than doing a Reverse
– Can you employ your children in your business, and save on
– Question of the Day: Can my syndication negate some of my tax income
from my wholesale business?
– Will a home office allow you greater deductions?
– What is the biggest taxation mistake that syndicators
– What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Tom's
– The importance of hiring the right tax professional for your
– Tom shares his contact information
– Schedule a call with Whitney now!
– A Special Thanks to our
sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
to offset your passive loss to reduce tax dollars
to leverage your Solo 401 K in real estate syndication to save on
your tax dollars
- Nuances of a Reverse 1031 exchange that you
should be aware of
Benefits of investing in “Opportunity Zones”